Air Quality Meter, Measures Formaldehyde, Humidity, PM 2.5, PM 10, Temperature, TVOC, Battery-Powered
Product Code:SG - 174-6575
RS PRO RS-9680 Particle Counter
Introducing the RS PRO RS-9680 4 in 1 Particle Counter that measures airborne particulates with state-of-the-art technology. This unique device combines a particle counter, a formaldehyde (HCHO) gas detector, as well as the ability to measure air temperature and relative humidity, making this a real all in one tool for indoor air quality (IAQ) measurement and monitoring. This indoor air quality meter unit from RS PRO offers real-time measurement with the ability to record in pictures or videos for further investigation at a later stage if required. This is a great all in one device that can be used across a wide range of applications for fast, easy and accurate readings to ensure air quality standards are monitored and maintained.
Features and Benefits:
• This hand-held and portable multi-use meter from RS PRO combines a multitude of uses across a variety of applications, making it an extremely versatile meter to measure indoor air quality
• This meter is suitable for measuring the mass concentration of PM2.5 and PM10, as well as being able to detect HCHO (formaldehyde)
• It can also measure TVOC (total volatile organic compounds) in a measurement range of 0.00 to 9.99mg/m3ww
• In addition to this, the indoor air quality meter is also able to measure and monitor temperature and humidity
• The unit offers a low power consumption mode to make sure the battery is used in an efficient way
• It features a Health Index (0 ∼ 9) detection for easy identification
• Offers a MAX/MIN with timestamp function, as well as an alarm
• This easy to use unit has built-in data logging capabilities and can store 100 complete sets of data (counts, relative humidity, temperature, data, time)
• It offers 3.0" TFT Colour LCD display for easy viewing of real-time measurement and results
Generally, air quality monitors locate and monitor a variety of gases, dust, fumes and particles that could be dangerous and harmful to the breathable air quality for humans. They can also measure the immediate temperature and humidity of the air, which is also important to contributor to good air quality. Some meters have built-in gas detectors that locate and identify combustible and explosive gas leaks from petrol or gasoline, methane, butane, sewer gas, and other flammable gases that could cause serious harm to the surrounding environment and the people within that environment. Air quality meters work to measure and monitor the air quality to ensure that it is safe enough and acceptable enough to work or live in. Often, air quality meters can be used in environments like:
• Oil production
• Sewage treatment
• Coal gas
• Tunnel construction
What is a particle counter?
A particle counter or air quality monitor is used to measure particles that have been scattered in the air, like dust, smoke and more. Particles like this can come from vehicle exhausts, power plant emissions, garbage and furnace incineration, and much more. Any particles like this can negatively affect the human body, both in the short term and long term, which means a particle counter can be used to measure and monitor such particles, even if they are smaller than 2.5μm.
How long does a particle counter last?
A particle counter is exposed to particulate matter every time it gets used. It is recommended, therefore, to use the particle counter 5 or fewer times a day to ensure that the service life of the unit is increased for as long as possible. An average of 5 years' use can be expected from this unit if it is kept clean and exposure to particulate matter is kept in line with the above suggestion.
If used in a foggy area, the unit may read mist as dust/particulates
|Equipment Type||Air Quality Meter|
|Measurement Parameters||Formaldehyde, Humidity, PM 10, PM 2.5, Temperature, TVOC|
|Model Number p||RS-9680|
|Battery Type||Rechargable NiMH|
|Battery Life||5 h|